Women’s Self Defense for Survival
It is our goal to arm women with real world skills to defeat large strong men in the quickest time possible. Through our workshops, we encourage women to take ownership for their personal defense, dedicate themselves to training, and become lifelong students of martial arts. Our classes are open to all ladies and the LGBTQ community.
Martial Arts Basis
The martial art behind our Women’s Self Defense program is:
- Lerdit military Muay Thai for the empty hand and
- Escrima for fighting and defending against edge/impact weapons
When you are engaged in a survival scenario, your body will naturally engage its sympathetic nervous system (fight or flight). Unless training is done within this state for extended periods of time, you cannot guarantee the techniques we teach will be accessible when you need them most. Read about the martial arts background Kewesi Simon brings to Women’s Self Defense training.
No one-day women’s survival self defense workshop will give you the skills to defend yourself. But with dedication, training, and learning to master your fear in an adrenalized state, you can learn to defend yourself and others.
Benefits of Women’s Self Defense Training
- Develop self confidence and self assuredness in conflict.
- Increase threat awareness through training.
- Learn why most self defense systems, while making you feel empowered with newly minted skills in the moment, will leave you in a fight or flight moment.
- Learn to maintain self control and calm in adrenalized, chaotic, violent situations.
- Become empowered by learning the realities of survival combat scenarios, and knowing that you have options and weapons available to you, enabling you to increase your chances of survival.